2017 SOFIC Conference and Exhibition
Exhibit Dates: May 15-18, 2017
Location: Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, FL
POC: Luellen Hoffman,Director of Exhibits at 703-247-9460 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibit Rules & Regulations
1. Exhibit Space will be allocated on a Tier System basis. All booth sales are processed through the NDIA Exhibits website (http://exhibits.ndia.org) unless otherwise indicated. All cancellation notices must be sent in writing. See cancellation policy listed as #3 below. The site functions in real time so that as booths are sold, they immediately appear as no longer available for sale. Exhibit space will not be reserved without payment within 7 days, unless arrangements have been made through the NDIA Exhibits Department to pay by check or wire transfer. Spaces held under this arrangement will only be held for a period of seven (7) days and will then be released if payment is not received.
2. Application for space must be accompanied by the required fee in order to guarantee reservation. Booths for which payment has not been received in full will not be allowed onto the exhibit floor for set up. All payments must be received within 7 days of reservation and unpaid booth reservations will be released for resale after 7 days.
3. Cancellation or Reduction of Space: All cancellation or reduction in space requests must be in writing. There is a 50% penalty fee on each 10x10 space if cancellation or space reduction takes place between September 12, 2016 to January 20, 2017. For all cancellation or reduction requests after 5:00pm, EST, January 20, 2017 there is a 100% penalty fee. There is a 100% penalty fee on all cancelled Quad Booth Space and Boat Dock space.
4. The standard booth size is 100 sq. ft (10’ X 10’) unless stated or marked otherwise on the floor plan or in the exhibitor prospectus. All exhibits must fit within the confines of their assigned space so as not to impede traffic flow, infringe on the space of other exhibitors, or violate the emergency exit routes set forth by the fire marshal. No walls are permitted to be built on the perimeter in any island booth spaces.
5. NDIA adheres to IAEE standards. All display fixtures over 4’0” (1.22m) in height and placed within 10 lineal feet (3.05m) of an adjoining exhibit must be confined to that area of the exhibitor’s space which is at least 5’0” (1.52m) from the aisle line.5a. No “end cap” booths are permitted. Booth purchased in that configuration will be altered or moved with written notice by and at the discretion of the NDIA Exhibits Department. An “end cap” booth is defined by IAEE as being “exposed to aisles on three sides and is composed of two booths”.
5b. Floor covering is required for all exhibits at all NDIA events and provided in your booth fee. Exhibitors are required to cover the amount of floor space allotted to them. No exceptions to this rule will be made without prior approval by the NDIA Exhibits Manager in charge of the event. Additional floor covering is not required if the facility is already carpeted. Outdoor exhibits are exempt from this rule unless otherwise indicated. Booths that are found to be set up without a floor covering at the conclusion of Exhibitor Move-in (one hour prior to event opening) will have a a floor covering of NDIA’s choosing ‘forced’ into the booth at the exhibitors expense and risk.
6. Fire protection regulations require wrapping materials such as paper, excelsior, etc. be completely enclosed within packing boxes. Material not in accordance with the regulations will be considered refuse and subject to disposal. All exhibitors are subject to fire code regulations, which include exhibits that contain flammable combustible substances. All automobiles must have fuel tanks with less than 1/4 tank of gas or contain less than 10 lbs of fuel when inside the exhibit hall. Fuel caps must be taped shut or have a locking cap. Hot lead battery cables must be disconnected, taped and secured. Fueling and de-fueling shall not be done inside the exhibit hall. Keys shall remain with one main exhibitor contact who is registered with NDIA show manager and secure at all times. Vehicles shall not be jump-started inside the exhibit hall. Vehicles or equipment fueled by LP gas must comply with NFPA #58 and may not be used during show hours. If you have a tent in your display, you must contact NDIA for the fire marshal requirements.
7. All exhibit space reserved must be carpeted, if space is not carpeted by the move-in deadline, the General Service Contractor will charge the company for carpet at the onsite price.
8. All exhibitors who display firearms or firearm accessories are required to render the firearms incapable of firing or discharging any cartridge, shell, round or load. A trigger lock or plastic strap limiting the action is not an acceptable method of making a firearm inoperable. Any real or simulated discharge of firearms or non-powder actuated guns accompanied by an audible report is strictly prohibited. During hours when the show is not in session, the guns need to be secured, whether taken by the exhibitor or locked in some form at the exhibit facility with a security guard. Accessible storage for weapons will be available to you at the show. Exhibitors must sign up for storage at the Arata Exhibit Services desk onsite.
9. Exhibitors agree to abide by the installation and dismantling times set by NDIA and to have at least one person staffing their booths during published exhibition hours. Exhibitors who vacate their booths prior to the published dismantle time without permission of the show manager will be assessed a fine equal to one half the booth fees and will not receive priority status at future events.
10. No Exhibitor shall assign, sublet, or share the whole or any part of the space contracted to them. Exhibitors agree to limit the service and/or materials displayed in their exhibit area to those purveyed by the exhibitor, with the exception that other proprietary equipment may be used solely for the purpose of demonstrating the materials or services of the exhibitor.
11. Exhibition fees cover only those items described in the prospectus or website page. Any other booth furnishings and equipment needs to be contracted through NDIA’s official exhibit service contractor(s) or the hotel/convention center, as indicated in the exhibitor’s service kit.
12. NDIA reserves the right to impose limitation on noise levels and any other method of operation, which becomes objectionable. Any distribution of literature or samples shall be limited to the exhibitor’s booth.No walls are permitted to be built on the perimeter in any island booth spaces.
13. NDIA reserves the right to rearrange the final floor plan based on unsold or unoccupied exhibit space and move exhibitors to a new booth location and will notify the exhibitor of the move immediately.
14. In the event that no representative of an exhibiting organization has arrived on-site to claim its space or freight within 3 hours of the published event opening, NDIA has the right to resell or relocate the exhibit space. Any booth not set up by the last 2 hours of exhibitor move-in or by 4:00pm Monday, May 15, 2017 will be force built, at exhibitor expense, or set as a lounge or removed at the discretion of NDIA.
15. If NDIA should be prevented from holding the exhibition for any reason beyond NDIA’s control, such as, but not limited to acts of God; war; government regulation, acts or decisions; terrorism; disaster; strikes; civil disorder; curtailment of transportation facilities; or any other emergency beyond NDIA’s control, making it inadvisable, impossible, illegal or which materially affects NDIA’s ability to perform its obligations under this Contract then NDIA has the right to cancel or postpone the exhibition, or any part thereof, with no further liability to the exhibitor other than a refund of exhibit space fee, less a proportionate share of the exposition cost incurred.
16. Neither the management of the host facility nor NDIA shall be liable for the damage, loss or destruction to the exhibits by reason of fire, theft, accident or other destructive causes. Exhibitor shall lease booth(s) at his sole risk. Neither the management of the host facility, NDIA nor any of their agents, servants or employees will be accountable or liable for accidents to exhibitors, their agents or employees.
17. The exhibitor shall be liable to the host facility and or NDIA for any damage to the building and/or the furniture and fixtures contained therein which shall occur through acts or omissions of the exhibitor.
18. Exhibitor assumes the entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless NDIA, the host facility, their officers, employees, and agents against all claims, losses and damages to persons, property, governmental charges or fines, and attorney’s fees arising out of or caused by exhibitors installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy, or use of the exhibition premises or any part thereof, including any outside exhibit areas.
19. Exhibitor acknowledges that NDIA does not maintain and is not responsible for obtaining insurance covering exhibitor’s property. Exhibitors are advised to obtain business interruption and property damage and loss insurance to cover such occurrences.
20. Exhibitors are permitted to take pictures of their own booth space and equipment only. No other photography is allowed without the permission of the booth staff and/or show manager., except for badged press or media.
21. No one under the age of 16 are allowed in the exhibit hall at any time. All bags are subject to search.
22. NDIA reserves the right to interpret these regulations as it deems proper to insure the success of the Exhibition and to further the educational purposes of the event. Exhibitors agree to comply with the NDIA Exhibition Rules and Regulations which are in effect at the time this contract is signed. Exhibits are intended to supplement the information disseminated at the conference. This contract excludes NDIA from responsibility due to the federal government taking any action in canceling attendee or speaker participation in this event.
23. For the puposes of this agreement, the term Boat Dock space, Quad, Outdoor space is synonymous with exhibit space or booth space.
24. Boat dock displays are limited to ordering beverages only, to exclude any alcohol. All items may be ordered through Aramark and payments to be made directly to them according to their requirements. Corkage fees and other fees may apply for both indoor exhibitors and boat dock displays.
25. Exhibits for this event must be relevant to the subject matter of the event. NDIA has the sole right to determine the eligibility of any company or product for inclusion in the Exhibition.
26. For your own safety, and OSHA regulations, no open toed shoes or sandals of any kind are permitted in the exhibit hall during move-in or move-out.
27. ITAR and EAR Regulations: Vendor displays are subject to the International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and are limited to public domain information (ITAR Sec.120.11). In addition, displays, literature and discussions will NOT reference USSOCOM missions, operations or units.
28. Electric, water utilities or internet connection are not furnished in any booths or booth packages and must be ordered separately from the Tampa Convention Center.