2017 Global EOD Conference and Exhibition
Exhibitor Rules & Regulations
1. Exhibits for this event must be relevant to the subject matter of the event. NDIA has the sole right to determine the eligibility of any company or product for inclusion in the Exhibition.
2. Exhibit Space will be allocated on a first-paid, first served basis. All booth sales are processed through the NDIA Exhibits website unless otherwise indicated.
The site functions in real time so that as booths are sold, they immediately appear as no longer available for sale. Exhibit space will not be reserved without payment unless arrangements have been made through the NDIA Exhibits Department to pay by check or wire transfer. Spaces held under this arrangement will only be held for a period of seven (7) days and will then be released if payment is not received.
3. Cancellation or Reduction of Space: No refunds after the floor plan is open up to the opening date of the show. All cancellation notices must be in writing. All cancellations or reduction of space include the forfeiture of all exhibitor badges that were originally allocated with booth space.
4. NDIA adheres to IAEE booth display standards. All display fixtures over 4'0" (1.22m) in height and placed within 10 lineal feet (3.05m) of an adjoining exhibit must be confined to that area of the exhibitor's space which is at least 5'0" (1.52m) from the aisle line. You can view a complete guide of the display standards by clicking here.
5. The standard booth size is 10' X 10' unless stated or marked otherwise on the floor plan or in the exhibitor prospectus or contract. All exhibits must fit within the confines of their assigned space so as not to impede traffic flow, infringe on the space of other exhibitors, or violate the emergency exit routes set forth by the fire marshal.
5a. No "end cap" booths are permitted. Booth purchased in that configuration will be altered or moved with written notice by and at the discretion of the NDIA Exhibits Department. An "end cap" booth is defined by IAEE as being "exposed to aisles on three sides and is composed of two booths".
5b. Floor covering is required for all exhibits at all NDIA events and is not provided in your booth fee. Note: Facility is carpeted, no additional carpet is needed. Outdoor exhibits are exempt from this rule unless otherwise indicated.
6. Fire and Safety Laws: Federal, State and City Laws must be strictly observed. Booth decorations must be flameproof. Wiring must comply with fire department and underwriters' rules. Crowding will be restricted. Exhibits cannot block aisles and fire exits. Fire protection regulations require wrapping materials such as paper, excelsior, etc. be completely enclosed within packing boxes. Material not in accordance with the regulations will be considered refuse and subject to disposal.
All exhibitors are subject to fire code regulations, which include exhibits that contain flammable combustible substances. All automobiles must have fuel tanks with less than 1/4 tank of gas or contain less than 10 lbs of fuel when inside the exhibit hall. Fuel caps must be taped shut or have a locking cap. Hot lead battery cables must be disconnected, taped and secured.
Fueling and de-fueling shall not be done inside the exhibit hall. Keys shall remain with one main exhibitor contact who is registered with NDIA show manager and secure at all times. Vehicles shall not be jump-started inside the exhibit hall. Vehicles or equipment fueled by LP gas must comply with NFPA #58 and may not be used during show hours.
The connecting on one extension cord to another or "daisy chaining" is not permitted by the Fire Marshal. .
7. FIRE ARMS All exhibitors who display firearms or firearm accessories are required to render the firearms incapable of firing or discharging any cartridge, shell, round or load. A trigger lock or plastic strap limiting the action is not an acceptable method of making a firearm inoperable. Any real or simulated discharge of firearms or non-powder actuated guns accompanied by an audible report is strictly prohibited. During hours when the show is not in session, the guns need to be secured, whether taken by the exhibitor or locked in some form at the exhibit facility with a security guard. Accessible storage for weapons will be available to you at the show. Exhibitors must sign up for storage at the Exhibit Services desk onsite.
8. Staffing of Booths & Early Breakdown Exhibitors agree to abide by the installation and dismantling times set by NDIA and to have at least one person staffing their booths during published exhibition hours. Exhibitors who vacate their booths prior to the published dismantle time without permission of the show manager could be assessed a fine equal to one half the booth fees and will not receive priority status at future events.
9. No Exhibitor shall assign, sublet, or share the whole or any part of the space contracted to them. Exhibitors agree to limit the service and/or materials displayed in their exhibit area to those purveyed by the exhibitor, with the exception that other proprietary equipment may be used solely for the purpose of demonstrating the materials or services of the exhibitor.
10. Exhibition fees cover only those items described in the prospectus or website page (does not include attendee lists). Any other booth furnishings and equipment needs to be contracted through NDIA's official exhibit service contractor(s) or the hotel/convention center, as indicated in the exhibitor's service kit.
11. NDIA reserves the right to impose limitation on noise levels and any other method of operation, which becomes objectionable. Any distribution of literature or samples shall be limited to distribution in the exhibitor's booth.
12. NDIA reserves the right to rearrange the final floor plan based on unsold or unoccupied exhibit space and move exhibitors to a new booth location and will notify the exhibitor of the move immediately.
13. In the event that no representative of an exhibiting organization has arrived on-site to claim its space or freight within 120 minutes of the published event opening, NDIA has the right to resell or relocate the exhibit space. Any booth not set up by the last two hours of exhibitor move-in or by TBA, will be force built, at exhibitor expense, or removed at the discretion of NDIA.
14. If NDIA should be prevented from holding the exhibition for any reason beyond NDIA's control, such as, but not limited to acts of God; war; government regulation, acts or decisions; terrorism; disaster; strikes; civil disorder; curtailment of transportation facilities; or any other emergency beyond NDIA’s control, making it inadvisable, impossible, illegal or which materially affects NDIA’s ability to perform its obligations under this Contract then NDIA has the right to cancel or postpone the exhibition, or any part thereof, with no further liability to the exhibitor other than a refund of exhibit space fee, less a proportionate share of the exposition cost incurred.
15. Neither the management of the host facility nor NDIA shall be liable for the damage, loss or destruction to the exhibits by reason of fire, theft, accident or other destructive causes. Exhibitor shall lease booth(s) at his sole risk. Neither the management of the host facility, NDIA nor any of their agents, servants or employees will be accountable or liable for accidents to exhibitors, their agents or employees. All displays must be removed from the exhibit facility by the deadline set out in the exhibit schedule. Any items left behind on the exhibit floor, will not be the responsibility of NDIA or its general service contractor.
16. The exhibitor shall be liable to the host facility and or NDIA for any damage to the building and/or the furniture and fixtures contained therein which shall occur through acts or omissions of the exhibitor.
17. Exhibitor assumes the entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless NDIA, the host facility, their officers, employees, and agents against all claims, losses and damages to persons, property, governmental charges or fines, and attorney's fees arising out of or caused by exhibitors installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy, or use of the exhibition premises or any part thereof, including any outside exhibit areas.
18. Exhibitor acknowledges that NDIA does not maintain and is not responsible for obtaining insurance covering exhibitor's property. Exhibitors are advised to obtain business interruption and property damage and loss insurance to cover such occurrences.
19. No photography is allowed without the permission of the booth staff and/or show manager.
20. No children under the age of 16 are allowed in the exhibit hall at any time. All bags are subject to search.
21. For your own safety, and OSHA regulations, require no open toed shoes or sandals of any kind are permitted in the exhibit hall during move-in or move-out. This regulation is strictly enforced for the safety of all exhibit staff personnel. Anyone with open toed shoes or sandals will not be permitted inside the exhibit hall during move-in or move-out.
22. NDIA reserves the right to interpret these regulations as it deems proper to insure the success of the Exhibition and to further the educational purposes of the event. By mere virtue of your participation/ attendance in or at this event, Exhibitors agree to comply with all NDIA Rules and Regulations which are in effect at the time exhibitor move-in begins. Exhibits are intended to supplement the information disseminated at the conference. This contract excludes NDIA from responsibility due to the federal government taking any action in canceling attendee or speaker participation in this event.
23. ITAR and EAR Regulations: Vendor displays are subject to the International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and are limited to public domain information (ITAR Sec.120.11). In addition, displays, literature and discussions will NOT reference missions, operations or units.
24. Security: The Organizer will employ reputable guards during the course of the Exposition. The duty of the guards will be to protect the general exhibit against fire or other catastrophes. The Organizer, Exposition Management, nor the owners or leasers of the exhibit premises will assume any responsibility for exhibitors' personal property. It is suggested that the exhibitor insure his property against loss and theft. Forms for individual security will be provided in the Exhibitor Service Manual.
25. Foreign/International Exhibiting Companies: Each exhibiting company bringing equipment from outside the United States is responsible for ensuring that all equipment and display items have the necessary documents to meet the rules and Regulations of Customs, and procedures for admission into the country. The Organizers or their sub-contractors cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions or be held liable by the Exhibiting Company in the event that the Authorities raise any questions regarding the Entry Forms.
26. Electric, water utilities or internet connection are not furnished in any booths or booth packages and must be ordered separately